Sunday, December 2, 2012

Corn Soufflé

When I posted the recipe for the Praline Sweet Potatoes I make for Thanksgiving, I happened to mention that I also make Corn Soufflé. 


I must have gotten at least 30 emails requesting the recipe for the Corn Soufflé.  I actually have two recipes.  Both are easy but one requires cutting the corn from the cob, which means you have to plan ahead to make sure you have fresh corn.  The second contains ingredients you probably have in your pantry.  I replied to each request by forwarding both recipes.  Each person who responded telling me how much they enjoyed the dish told me they made the one containing the canned corn, so that is the one I will share with you today.

Ingredients
§     2 (15.25 ounces) cans whole kernel corn (drained)
§     2 (15.25 ounces) cans creamed corn
§     1/4 cup sugar
§     1/4 cup all-purpose flour
§     1/4 cup whole milk
§     4 eggs, room temperature
§     1/2 teaspoon salt
§     2 tablespoons butter


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare your casserole dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray to keep the soufflé from sticking, and spread the softened butter onto the bottom and sides of the baking dish to add flavor.


In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.  In a large bowl combine the eggs and milk and beat lightly.  Add the dry mixture to the egg and milk mixture while whisking to prevent lumps. 


Add the whole kernel corn  (drained) and creamed corn and mix well. 


Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set. 


For a printer friendly copy of this recipe, go to Corn Soufflé. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this dish for a pot luck, everyone like it, especially me. I wrote out the recipe for several that were there. Very very good. I will definetly make it again and again.

    ReplyDelete